Public Relations Role
Word & Deed Ministries is a Reformed humanitarian relief and development organization with the goal of improving the physical and spiritual lives of needy people in the developing world in accordance with biblical principles. By God’s grace, and through the support of our donors, our organization continues to grow. We are now seeking an additional full-time or part-time employee to assist us in carrying out our mission.
This role requires a cheerful Christian who is versatile, self-motivated, and a team player with excellent communication and computer skills. The successful applicant must have a love for the Reformed faith as well as a heart for reaching out to the needy in the developing world. Proximity to West Michigan is preferred.
Job Description: Public Relations
Location: West Michigan
Full-time: Full-time preferred; part-time applications might be considered.
A successful applicant will work alongside the current Word & Deed staff and report to the Board and/or its designee. The primary responsibilities will include:
• Presentations to groups (churches, schools, business groups, etc.)
• Meetings with donors
• Research new donor prospects
• Business group initiation, coordination and management
• Establish/maintain relationships with churches and other donors
• Identify and develop ambassadors/committed volunteers
• Represent organization at synods, conferences, etc.
• Write communication for the magazine, website, brochures, donors, etc.
Responsibilities may also include:
• Track, manage and analyze donor data
• Oversee various fundraising committees and events
• Planned giving
• Handle deposits and enter donor information into database
• Ensure fundraising compliance with ECFA and various state agencies
• Provide a support to the projects department
• Over time, take on a developing world project manager role
• Willingness to travel to the developing world
• Salary and benefits provided
Requirements for applicant:
• Active membership in a confessional Reformed church and willing to subscribe in writing to the Bible, also as it is summarized in the Three Forms of Unity and/or the Westminster standards.
• Undergraduate degree
• Proficiency with MS Office
• Self-motivated, disciplined, organized with friendly disposition
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Long term commitment expected
• Experience with volunteering with Word & Deed or other ministries
• Post-secondary education in Business or Humanities
Application deadline: December 1, 2016 (we reserve the right to extend the deadline depending on the number and suitability of the applications)
On the evening of April 16, 2016 a severe 7.8 magnitude…
The Agricultural Commercialization project in Nicaragua is…