Employment Opportunity: Public Relations & Projects Support
Word & Deed Ministries is a Reformed humanitarian relief and development organization with the goal of improving the physical and spiritual lives of people in need in the developing world in accordance with biblical principles. By God’s grace, and through the support of our donors, our organization continues to grow. We are now seeking an additional full-time employee to assist us in carrying out our mission.
This role requires a cheerful Christian who is versatile, self-motivated, and a team player with excellent cross-cultural communication and computer skills. The successful applicant must have a love for the Reformed faith as well as a heart for reaching out to the needy in the developing world.
Location: Southern Ontario preferred; other locations considered
Responsibilities: A successful applicant will work alongside the current Word & Deed staff and report to the Executive Team. The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Presentations to groups (churches, schools, business groups, etc.)
· Meetings with donors
· Research of new donor prospects
· Business Group initiation, coordination and management
· Establish/maintain relationships with churches and other donors
· Identify and develop ambassadors/committed volunteers
· Represent organization at synods, conferences, etc
· Write communication for the magazine, website, brochures, donors, etc.
· Develop and produce online, video, and media material for donors
· Work respectfully alongside international partners and churches to help develop and implement local poverty alleviation initiatives
· Monitor and review programs and work collaboratively with partners to enhance accountability and effectiveness
· Ensure that Word & Deed’s emphasis on gospel centrality, indigenous leadership and self-sufficiency is reflected in programs
· Travel to international partners to build relationships and monitor programs
· Ensure that all reports related to projects assigned are accurate and timely
· Brainstorm, troubleshoot with, and mentor indigenous leadership to build capacity locally.
• Salary and benefits provided
Requirements for applicant:
• Active membership in a confessional Reformed church and willingness to subscribe in writing to the Bible, also as it is summarized in the Three Forms of Unity and/or the Westminster standards.
• Demonstration of commitment to missions at home and abroad
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
• Proficiency with MS Office and Google Drive
• Self-motivated, disciplined, organized with friendly disposition
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Long-term commitment expected
• Willingness to travel (up to 60 nights away per year)
• Experience volunteering with Word & Deed or other ministries
• Post-secondary education in Business or Humanities
Application deadline: May 5, 2023
Application Procedure: If you are interested in this position and meet the requirements listed above, please submit a resume, an accompanying cover letter, a letter of recommendation from your pastor or council, as well as the names of at least two people we can contact as references to Heidi Pronk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Word & Deed reserves the right to only follow-up with, interview, and ultimately hire candidates that it deems suitable for the position. Multiple interviews may be required.