We understand that business owners, executives, professionals, and entrepreneurs are looking for impactful, efficient, and effective means of bringing hope through a gospel message to precious individuals worldwide. Understanding that a critical component of the ministry of Word & Deed is working with indigenous Christian leadership can accomplish these goals. There are two primary ways that you can get involved.
The easiest way to think about this option is coming alongside Word & Deed with other local Christians to sponsor particular Word & Deed projects. You don’t have to own a business to be a part of this group. Here’s how it works:
- Once a year, a Word & Deed representative gives a presentation to a local group providing a brief overview of Word & Deed – mission, strategy, areas of emphasis. A selection of projects will be presented to and reviewed by the group.
- The group then discusses which project(s) they’d like to support in the coming year. A vote is held to determine the final selection. The group may take on a whole project, part of a project, or multiple projects.
- Members are asked to prayerfully consider financially supporting the Business Group projects with the means that the Lord has blessed them.
- Periodic progress updates about their project(s) are provided to the group throughout the year. The following year, the group can continue to fund the current projects or pick something new to support.
- Occasionally, a member or two of the group may visit one of the projects that have been supported (self-funded travel). These members are then able to bring back a firsthand account of the project to their fellow group members.
These partners may not have a local business group to join or they may want to sponsor a major portion or a whole project themselves. These partners will meet with a Word & Deed representative annually to discuss the type of project/s they are interested in supporting and the representative will suggest projects to them. Periodic updates will be given to the partner to stay up to date on the work they are supporting.
“We can only say thanks, because without a doubt, the Family Protection Team arrived at the right time. We felt listened to, understood, and above all we were able to recognize that God is the basis of our home. With Him restoration becomes complete and we can be a happy family.”
“This past year Word & Deed took the initiative to work out a very important project that would place theology books in the hands of pastors across Latin America… I wish to congratulate Word & Deed for their sensitivity to such fundamental needs in the church of Latin America. Good theology will produce healthy churches. We need to always work on the foundations. On behalf of CLIR, we look forward to continued cooperation in the future.”
“In school, I have been taught the Word of God, which is very important to my life and that of my family. I feel happy because the teachers at La Palabra treat me very well.”
“When I was in Grade 4, I heard a presentation about the Adoration School in Haiti. That made me think about the children of my age that don’t have the privilege of going to school as I do. The question came into my mind how to raise money for them…. Then in the summer of 2020, I started my HJK Landscaping Service and went to my neighbors and worked for them. My business worked out well, so I decided to put away 10 percent of all the money I received and give it to the Adoration School in Haiti.”
“I love the education material that Word & Deed publishes and shares. It is a wonderful way for my 7th-grade geography students to learn the history of a country, but also to learn about the creativity of God through different cultures.”
“Praise God for what He is doing to expand Christian education and the opportunity to witness for Christ among the Muslims in Indonesia. We pray that He will continue to use us as a tool to bring more people to Christ and to grow his church in this nation.”
“I would like to thank the supporters of the mission for the help that they bring into my life. I love the Bible studies and learning the stories of the Bible. The groups from Canada and the USA are such a blessing and we love the games that they teach us and the Bible crafts that we do. I have been in this project for four years now and I love the Word of God… Jesus is the only hope that I have.”